The special moment has arrived. You have been waiting 13 years and your boy is now a young man. The Western Wall, the holiest site for the Jewish People, is the perfect location to hold his Bar Mitzvah, a day you will remember for ever more.
Jerusalem Simcha is there with you, from the first moment of planning, through all your preparations, until the ceremony at the Western Wall. We will accompany you to the Western Wall with a procession of drummers, a chupa, shofars and lots of singing. We will release a display of balloons, with greetings for the Bar Mitzvah boy, a cantor and Rabbi saying the Shema Yisrael prayer, the reading of the Torah, blessings by the parents, songs, dancing and high spirits. And of course – the Bar Mitzvah boy will receive a certificate from the Rabbi of the Western Wall.
After the ceremony we will continue on a tour of the Western Wall Tunnels and other Old City sites. We will stop along the way for lunch at one of Jerusalem’s finest restaurants and end off with a Torah scroll writing workshop that will leave you with an intense and profound experience.
The Bar Mitzvah ceremony is held at:
The Western Wall Plaza – where most families hold the Torah reading ceremony. There is full separation between men and women; the ceremony is held close to the partition and the women are just on the other side of this partition. Many stand on chairs to be able to see the event. The Torah Scroll will only be brought out when there is no rain.
Wilson’s Arch – the covered area of the Western Wall. There the ceremony is also held in full separation between men and women. Men are in the men’s section and the women in the women’s section that is above the men and entrance is through the Western Wall Tunnels.
Three important comments:
At Wilson’s Arch women can see the ceremony without standing on chairs, because the partition is transparent.
As there is a big distance between the men and women, you can request, in advance, a loudspeaker and earphones for the women, so that the entire ceremony can be heard.
If it is raining there is a limit on the number of people allowed in this area.
Our dedicated staff will arrange your happiest event. We will take care of the biggest and smallest details. We will adapt your event to all your personal wishes.
Jerusalem Simcha has ten years’ experience in producing events and organizing tours in Jerusalem and at the Western Wall. Most of our events are for returning satisfied customers because our experience says it all.
We believe that a high-class event does not necessarily have to break the bank. We will adapt your budget to the celebration, while ensuring the highest professional standards, with no compromises on quality or taste.
Following is a list of optional services to enrich your personal experience:
- Professional team to accompany you throughout the day
- Transportation from home to Jerusalem and back
- Photographer and videographer + video clip and personal album
- Cantor and Rabbi will accompany you in song and dance
- Drummers and shofars will enhance your happy day
- Rich buffet brunch at the Western Wall Plaza
- Reserved spot at the Western Wall Plaza, close to the women’s section
- Top Jerusalem restaurants at attractive prices
- Exciting tours of the Old City with Jerusalem’s best tour guides
- Releasing blue and white balloons, with blessings for the Bar Mitzvah boy
- Torah Scroll workshop – the Bar Mitzvah boy will learn to write on a scroll like a real scribe
- Receiving a signed and framed certificate from the Rabbi of the Western Wall
- Personal mementos for your guests – skull caps, siddurs, magnets, mini photo albums, etc.
Simcha is us!!! Jerusalem Simcha your experience in Jerusalem.