Shabbat Chatan is the Shabbat closest to the Bar Mitzvah or wedding. There is no better place to celebrate a traditional event than in Jerusalem, the capital of the Jewish People. This will be a special experience of song and dance that our professional staff will ensure that you and your family will never forget.
So you’ve arrived in Jerusalem, checked in to your hotel. Now let the party begin.
We will start with a visit to the Mahane Yehuda open-air market. You can choose to hold a Tefillin ceremony during the day.
On Shabbat eve, as the sun goes down, we will hold a candle-lighting event in the Old City. We will walk to the Western Wall for the Friday night services, where we will meet the true blend of the Jewish People – men and women, young and old, soldiers, youngsters on Birthright and Masa programs, Hassidic Jews, and more. One cannot describe in words the experience of song and dance at the Western Wall on Friday night. We will walk back to the Friday night Kiddush and dinner, and will be accompanied by a chazzan and singing Rabbi.
After breakfast we will hold the Morning Services, when the chatan and his family will be called to the Torah and will recite the relevant blessings. Then lunch, a short rest and an exciting walking tour. We will end Shabbat with a musical Havdalah in Jerusalem Klezmer style.
Our dedicated staff will arrange your happiest event. We will take care of the biggest and smallest details. We will adapt your event to all your personal wishes.
Jerusalem Simcha has ten years’ experience in producing events and organizing tours in Jerusalem and at the Western Wall. Most of our events are for returning satisfied customers because our experience says it all.
We believe that a high-class event does not necessarily have to break the bank. We will adapt your budget to the celebration, while ensuring the highest professional standards, with no compromises on quality or taste.
Following is a list of optional services to enrich your personal experience:
- Professional team to accompany you throughout the day
- Transportation from home to Jerusalem and back
- Photographer and videographer + video clip and personal album
- Cantor and Rabbi will accompany you in song and dance
- Drummers and shofars will enhance your happy day
- Rich buffet brunch at the Western Wall Plaza
- Reserved spot at the Western Wall Plaza, close to the women’s section
- Top Jerusalem restaurants at attractive prices
- Exciting tours of the Old City with Jerusalem’s best tour guides
- Releasing blue and white balloons, with blessings for the Bar Mitzvah boy
- Torah Scroll workshop – the Bar Mitzvah boy will learn to write on a scroll like a real scribe
- Receiving a signed and framed certificate from the Rabbi of the Western Wall
- Personal mementos for your guests – skull caps, siddurs, magnets, mini photo albums, etc.
Simcha is us!!! Jerusalem Simcha your experience in Jerusalem.